Richard Morse, Superintendent
Richard is a California State Licensed Contractor
Richard has been a licensed General Contractor, in California, for over 32 years. He started as a framer to put himself through college at San Diego State University. After graduating with a Bachelor of Sciences in Zoology with emphasis on Environmental Studies, he continued in construction as a framing contractor. He was hired as a Supervisor for Adams and York Architects where he managed construction of medical
offices and testing labs. Later he worked at Delphi Group Construction, building and remodeling custom homes in La Jolla and Point Loma.After receiving his California State General Contractors license in 1986, he founded RC Morse General Contracting where he worked for decades completing hundreds of commercial and custom residential projects.
Residential projects include:
- 64 unit apartment and recreational center
- Sakane Residence - Home of the Year Winner of the New Home category.
- Myer residence - ‘Sandee’ Award winner for best custom home. Using ‘green’ technology to achieve a net zero energy use.
- 30 unit apartment - Converted apartments into luxury condo conversion on Mission Bay in San Diego.
- 9 Lot Custom Development - with pool, tennis court, and recreation area. Views of the Pacific Ocean, Point Loma, and Mission Bay.
- Ang residence - Conversion from Mid-century modern home to a Tuscan villa.
Commercial projects include:
- Toyota of El Cajon - Sales area and business offices. Removal and processing of contaminated soils, lead paint and paint solvents.
- U.S. Airways (formerly US Air has now merged with American Airlines) - Construct drug and alcohol testing labs, mandated by the FAA.
- Internal Medicine Center - Exam rooms, records, and testing labs.
- Penske Ford (formerly Drew Ford) - New offices, import show room, and mechanics bays.
- Top O' the Cove Restaurant (now Dukes), La Jolla - Bar and dining addition over existing restaurant. Maintained existing features from late 1800’s. Preserved and protected two Morton Fig trees that are over 100 years old.
‘Sandee’ Award winner for best custom home. Using ‘green’ technology to achieve a net zero energy use.
Home of the Year in the New Home Category
- Richard has been an active volunteer in Southern California including volunteering for the Make A Wish Foundation.